Friday, June 11, 2010

Day 5: Cardio Plyometric Circuit; Oh My.

It didn't take me long to find my new least favorite workout during my first month of Round 2 of Insanity. Cardio Plyometric Circuit is the new one that has replaced Pure Cardio that I dreaded all last round. Pure Cardio is one of my favorites behind Day 7 which of course is a day of REST! Hahah!

I can't honestly believe that Shaun T and Beachbody decided to put this workout on Day 2 as people just get out of the Fit Test. I think it would really scare people away but if you can get through this workout you can get through the rest of the month! You of course are encouraged to watch your heart rate and take breaks when you need to which I absolutely have to do. I am doing it less often but still taking a break here and there. The thing that gets most tired in this particular workout is my shoulders and arms during the 2nd circuit starting with Level 1 drills, followed by ski abs, then in and outs! Urgh. Those have to be my least favorite as not only do my shoulders start to kill but so do my quadriceps. Killer!

I was able to do the entire first circuit (30 seconds; 4 moves) without stopping the entire 3 rounds so I was very excited about that. I think the main difference is that I am starting this program in the Summer and I normally workout in my office (in a town I rent in) and not in my home which doesn't have central A/C. I could really tell I could perform with a lot more intensity with air! Who woulda thunk? LOL!

Anyway, it was a great workout and I got through it without any injuries. That is always a good deal. Bringing it with Pure Cardio tomorrow morning! Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment