Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Day 6-8: Insanity Rocks

Hi everyone! I hope you had a very nice weekend. I sure did and I had a great weekend of workouts too. Saturday which was Day 6 was Pure Cardio and boy is that workout just that. You start just like any other workout with a gradually intensified 9 minute warm-up followed by a stretch then 14 minutes of pure hell, I like to refer to it as! I think Pure Hell would be a better name suited for that particular workout because unlike the other workouts in this series, you don't get a break at all in between the sets you just get to keep going! You do 14, 1-minute exercises ranging from switch kicks to push-up jacks and in that minute you try to do as many as you can. Today, I can honestly say that this is one of my favorite workouts now because it is right to the point. You get in, you get out and there is no "lolly gagging" in between! I did so much better and only had to take about 2 breaks for about 15 seconds each time during the entire 35 minute workout. Go Me!

Day 7 was of course a day of rest and I was really appreciative of that too. I didn't eat the best this day because we went out of town shopping and I didn't make the best choices. Guess that is why they make tomorrow so you can be sure to get back on track the next day!

Day 8 was supposed to be Power & Resistance but because I forgot that DVD in town at my office I just replaced it with Cardio Circuit and will do Power and Resistance on Thursday instead. I hope that it won't make that big of a difference; I hope! Cardio Circuit is my least favorite workout....not really sure why but it is. I think it might be because of the last circuit and all of the ski hops and in/outs we have to do. My shoulders are getting stronger but that is probably the place that I lack the most strength when doing these moves. I am getting better though. I made it through and tonight, I have Pure Cardio...yikes! That "stuff" is bananas ya'll as Shaun T puts it! Dig Deeper and Get Fit or Get Out! Have a super Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment